jeudi 13 mai 2010

Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (EMI - 1967)


Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

Pink Floyd always represented what I always hated about rock: a prententious stadium rock band for my old folks, racking in money on their past moments of glory. But I must recognize those guys broke boundaries with The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. As the only real Pink Floyd album composed with Syd Barrett, it's a weird and freaky piece like I rarely heard. Even the popiest moment always dissolve in echoes, distortions and LSD induced experimentations. In fact, it's the equivalent of crashing in while being sober a party where everybody's stoned. It's hard to get in but it's a real mental experience. The version I've posted is the stereo one, included in the 2007 3-CD Deluxe Edition.

Aucun commentaire: