samedi 30 janvier 2010

Donovan - A Gift From A Flower To A Garden (EPIC - 1967)



I'm not that much into 70's folk and pop (I leave that to my folks and their friends in fact). But when I played this record it just went... whaouh! This music is so good... and sounds like a good Beck album but made in 1967. What really surprised me is that Donovan has more a reputation for churning out hits than breaking the mould of flower power pop with a vision and a sound that will pass the test of time. Despite its Middle Age inspiration that can be scary at first glance, A Gift From A Flower To A Garden benefits plainly of a well crafted and rich instrumentation that goes beyond the traditionnal borders (a few songs have a strong jazzy feeling) and will bring peace and happiness even within the most hardcore heads.

Donovan - A Gift From A Flower To A Garden

3 commentaires:

WeThePeople a dit…

password pleaseee

Zorba le Break a dit…

There is no need of password. Just follow the link to download;-)

Nospoj a dit…

This is one of my favorite albums from the time, the songs bring back so many happy memories for me and I still have the original boxed set.