The Best Of Lash Records - Rare R&B & Soul Productions - 1961-1975 (Lash Records - 2009)
After the Ref-O-Ree label from Nasville, let's focus on Lash Records from Philadelphia. Created by brothers Al and Howard Ravitsky and a friend, Gil Lipschitz. It really amazes me to see those three jewish guys create a record label dedicated to underground doo-wop, R&B and soul, cuting sessions after sessions 7" in search of a national success that never came. But it's not the fault of the music, authentic, raw and good as I like it. It's not a surprise that Lash Records was popular among Northern Soul heads, his late 60's and early 70's recordings by the likes of Timmy Carr, Benny Sigler, Alfreda Brockington or Patty Hamilton being incredibly funky. A welcome discovery that allows you to possess nearly all Lash releases (30 tracks) for a very decent price.
1) You will only find here music released between 1950 and 1989.
2) You will find here an eclectic selection of records I possess personally.
3) You will only find here records I digged with love during long hours spent in records shops (yes, there are still some existing and pretty good ones) or in any other place where you can find records.
4) You will only find here records I like and that I think deserve a better recognition. If you like them too, don't forget you can buy them. There's certainly a way to find them somewhere for a cheap price.
5) If you own the rights on some of the music featured here and think that my posts decrease dramatically your sales, just send me a mail or leave me a comment. I will withdraw the downloading link immediately.
6) I spend a lot of time on each post, riping, scanning, uploading, writing a little and all that with a lot of pleasure.
7) Re-uping records pisses me off. If a link is dead, just subscribe to this blog or become a member and you won't miss anything in the future.
8) Don't hesitate to leave comments: they're soothing my tourmented soul and it shows your appreciation or your concern.
9) You will only find here records ripped from original vinyl or CD source.
10) If you notice that something is not working technically, don't hesitate to leave a comment. Some do it and it helps me a lot, thanks.